Fri 26 July 2019 - Sun 4 August 2019 at Mayow Park Show(s) at 2pmShow lasts approximately 90 minutes, suitable for all ages.
Tickets: £10 adults, £5 children aged 3+ (under 3’s go free)
SPONTANEOUS PRODUCTIONS in association with KIRKDALE BOOKSHOP presents:
About the Show
This new magical version of Lewis Carroll’s classic tale will be brought to life by Spontaneous Productions Theatre Company this July and August in Mayow Park, Sydenham. An immersive, promenade (‘walkabout’) performance that will transport the audience from an English riverbank, to the curious underground world of Wonderland, come meet the incredible characters famous throughout literature!
Photo (Spontaneous Productions’ Alice in Wonderland 2010) by Jennifer Hall
Show dates* (2pm-3.30pm each day):
– Fri 26 July – Sun 28 July
– Wed 31 July – Sun 4 Aug
*no shows on Mon 29/Tue 30 July
This show takes place in several different locations in the park, with the audience following it as it unfolds. Standing room at each location is limited, so please avoid bringing buggies if possible. Children will be encouraged to sit on the ground, though a few folding chairs may be available for those who need them.
The show lasts approx 90 mins, starting near the bowling green (look for the signs), just along from Brown & Green Café near the main entrance.
Adapted by Jonathan Kaufman from the book by Lewis Carroll
– Original songs and music by Deborah Garvey
– Produced and directed by Jonathan Kaufman
– Choreography Helen Jeckells and Hjalmar Nordén
– Set construction & special FX by Joe Kaufman
The Audience Reviews
What audiences have said about the show so far:
- “Very clever”
- “Highly entertaining”
- “We have just got home after experiencing your wonderful “Alice in Wonderland” show in Mayow Park. A fantastic experience. Well done to all and we cannot wait to see Pinocchio in September!” (Erica Harris, by email)
- “What a fantastic show @SponProdsTC we loved it! Great story adaptation and such a creative way to use the park. Everyone was brilliant. An absolute must see.” (Sarah Putt, on twitter)
- “We had a lovely time at Alice in Wonderland today, thank you!” (Jane Toussaint, FB Fri 2/8/19)
- “Congratulations Spontaneous Productions on a splendid show.” (Katrina Rublowsky, FB Fri 2/8/19)
- “Brilliant, so inventive”
- “Loved how immersive the show was”
- “So lucky to have this nearby!”
- “Is this going to be a regular thing?”
- “If you’re wondering what do tomorrow with the family I highly recommend Alice in Wonderland at Mayow Park. 2pm start in the bowling green. You can buy tickets online or at the park. Nearly 300 people today went and there was plenty of laughter and fun.” (Dominique Stead, FB Sat 3/8/19)
- “Fantastic afternoon for families. Last day tomorrow so please don’t miss out. I hope this becomes a permanent feature in the park.” (Dominique Stead, FB Sat 3/8/19)
- “Just want to recommend Alice in Wonderland in Mayow Park that I went to on Friday with my children. I think the best one they have done yet. Setting was lovely, cast fantastic and was very immersive.” (Kate Izzard, FB Sat 3/8/19)
Volunteer and be part of the Show
Want to be part of the show? We’re looking for volunteer stewards (to help move the audience from location to location), backstage crew and box office staff. Even if you’re only available on one of the show days, we’d love to hear from you! For more information click here, or to volunteer your time please email us.
To subscribe our fortnightly e-newsletter and get updates about this and other upcoming shows, please click here.