Sat 29 May 2021 - Sun 6 June 2021 at The Bowling Green, Mayow Park Show(s) at 2pm and 3pmShow lasts approximately 40 minutes, suitable for families with children of all ages.
Tickets: £5 per person (under 3s go free)
About the Show
We’re back! And we can’t wait to unveil our first family show of the year, our original adaptation of the classic fairy tale THE GINGERBREAD MAN. Featuring many of your favourite Spontaneous actors in a brand new tale, and with original songs by Paul Tornbohm — expect amazing action, fabulous dance routines, wonderful costumes, crazy chases – and watch out for The Chef!
Hi there! Gingerbread Man here! Freshly baked and out of the oven, I’m doing my best to run from all the animals trying to eat me! Will you help me escape and find my true destiny?
This is our 14th original family show since 2017 and the third we have staged in Mayow Park’s bowling green. From the same team that brought you Alice in Wonderland in 2019 and Puss in Boots in 2020, our shows are fun, fast-moving and musical versions of well-known stories, always with a bit of a twist. This time we’ll be asking you to stay in the same place, so do bring blankets to sit on.
- Adapted by Jonathan Kaufman
- Original songs and music by Paul Tornbohm
- Choreographer and assistant director Michelle Buckley
- Production designer Lucy Bond
- Costume designer Jackie Poulett
- Associate producer Hjalmar Nordén
- Produced and directed by Jonathan Kaufman
The Audience Reviews
What audiences said about Alice in Wonderland and Puss in Boots:
- “What a fantastic show, we loved it! Great story adaptation and such a creative way to use the park. Everyone was brilliant. An absolute must see.”
- “Loved how immersive the show was.”
- “Wow, I thought it was awesome. Perhaps the best of their children’s shows to date.”
- “Congratulations on another great show. So good to be back at the theatre!”
CHARLOTTE BARNES as Dainty Duck
CHARISA FRANCIS as Fairy Cake
WILLIAM HASTINGS as Percy Pig
HJALMAR NORDÉN as the Chef
POPPY PICKLES as the Narrator
PAUL-D STEPHENSON as The Gingerbread Man