Sat 2 December 2023 - Sun 10 December 2023 at St Bartholomew’s Church Show(s) at 2pm and 3.30pm (Sat/Sun)Show lasts approximately 1 hour, suitable for all ages.
Tickets: Standard price £10 adults, £5 children aged 3+Pay a little more £12 adults, £6 children aged 3+ Pay a little less £8 adults, £4 children aged 3+ Under 3s FREE AS USUALOR Pay on the door ‘what you can afford’ - subject to availability
Spontaneous Productions, in association with Kirkdale Bookshop, presents:
About the Show
PETER PAN By J.M. Barrie
A fun family Christmas show for all ages, featuring all the usual Spontaneous magic. You’ll believe a boy can fly!
Edwardian England: Wendy and her brothers Michael and John have the adventure of a lifetime when – having taught them to fly – Peter Pan whisks them off to Neverland and recruits them to help him fight the dastardly pirates, led by the villainous Captain Hook. With a little assistance from feisty fairy Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys can our heroes win the battle? Don’t forget to listen out for that ticking crocodile…!
The beloved story of Peter Pan – the boy who wouldn’t grow up – is brought to magical life by Sydenham-based theatre company Spontaneous Productions for its 6th annual pantomime and the third to be performed in the beautiful setting of St Bart’s Church, Sydenham. After 2021’s Beauty and the Beast and last year’s The Blues Brothers Grimm expect to be highly entertained, with amazing songs, fabulous costumes, special effects, audience participation and lots of Spontaneous-style surprises!
The Blues Brothers Grimm and Beauty and the Beast
Adapted by Jonathan Kaufman and Jane Walker
Original songs and music by Andrew Mallen & Alessia Marcovecchio
Peter Pan is presented by arrangement with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and Concord Theatricals Ltd. on behalf of Samuel French Ltd.
Advance book online with our scaled ticket price OR Pay what you can on the door* (*subject to availability) – cash or card
(Please note that Kirkdale Bookshop are unable to take bookings for these performances)
Featuring Spontaneous regulars Kate Barry, Desirée Skylark, Harry Simkins, Oliver Byng and Marlon-Oliver Harris who also choreographs, and with fabulous costumes by Jackie Poulett and amazing music and songs by Andrew Mallen and Alessia Marcovecchio, this promises to be our biggest, funniest and most magical family show yet!
In person: on the door only
Online (below): booking closes 30 minutes before start time, but tickets may still be available on the door.
More on how to book
A few FAQS regarding this event’s bookings:
- Does the ticket price relate to seating options? No – it is purely a form of ‘pay what you can.’ Seating options are all the same.
- I didn’t receive a confirmation email – should I worry? Emails may occasionally disappear into junk folders, but if you have received a Paypal notification then we have your booking. You don’t have to bring the email – we will have your name on a list.
Kate Barry as WENDY
Oliver Byng as JOHN/CAPTAIN HOOK
Marlon-Oliver Harris as PETER PAN
Harry Simkins as MICHAEL/MR SMEE
Desirée Skylark as TINKER BELL/MRS DARLING/TOOTLES
The Audience Reviews
What audiences have said about previous productions:
- Always so impressive! Funny, charming, clever and brilliantly acted. Well done
- I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed Beauty and the Beast. Our 4 year old was giggling away. Great jokes, great story and great songs. I think it is the best family show from Spontaneous so far. Congratulations!
- So magical
- What great fun, looking forward to your next play!
- Wonderful and joyous
- (My son) and his friends really enjoyed it…They watched spellbound throughout and talked about it all the way home. The songs were brilliant, all the cast incredibly strong and the jokes gloriously daft
- PETER PAN written by J.M. Barrie
- Adapted by Jonathan Kaufman and Jane Walker
- Songs and music adapted by Andrew Mallen and Alessia Marcovecchio
- Costume design and associate producer Jackie Poulett
- Choreography Olayinka Sobitan Solomon
- Scenic artist and props Annika Francis
- Produced and directed by Jonathan Kaufman