Sat 15 August 2020 - Sun 23 August 2020 at Mayow Park Show(s) at 2pm & 3pmShow lasts approximately 30 minutes, suitable for families with children of all ages.
Tickets: All tickets £5 (under 3s are free). Advance booking essential.
SPONTANEOUS PRODUCTIONS in association with KIRKDALE BOOKSHOP presented:
About the Show
Join me – Puss in Boots – on my incredible adventure in medieval Catalonia, helping my master Mick the Miller’s son follow his destiny as a chivalrous knight, rescuing a princess from a villainous bandit king and getting home in time for fresh-baked cakes and buns. Olé!
Acclaimed Sydenham theatre company Spontaneous Productions returned to the bowling green in Mayow Park with another magical theatre show for families with children of all ages. From the same team who brought you Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Sinbad the Sailor, Pinocchio and The Snow Queen expect a magical story, amazing songs and dance routines, comedy and swashbuckling sword fights!
The Making of Puss in Boots
A little actor chat and swashbuckling practice.
The Audience Reviews
What audiences said about this show:
- “Show was brilliant, sunshine in the sky and on the floor!”
- “Wow, I thought it was awesome. Perhaps the best of their children’s shows to date.”
- “Gorgeous and entertaining for the whole family”
- “Great songs, fun characters. Managed to entertain an 18 month old – well done!!”
- “We caught the very last show yesterday. Loved the costumes, Flamenco beats, and the swords! Looking forward to more open air theatre in our community.”
- “Lovely relaxed atmosphere”
- “Just wanted to say what a triumpth of a show Puss in Boots was, it was [our] first time seeing any theatre since March and we absolutely loved it. Big congrats to all the cast and crew, we were blown away (figuratively and literally!)”
- “Congratulations on another great show. So good to be back at the theatre! Songs, sword fights and silly jokes; what more can you ask for? Our 3 year old really enjoyed it and I could see all the older kids and parents in the audience loved it too.”
Photo credits: Mark Drinkwater
JIMAND ALLOTEY as Puss in Boots
JAMES JACK BENTHAM as Mick the Miller’s Son
WILLIAM HASTINGS as Dame Wendy Miller
KLUANE SAUNDERS as The Narrator and Princess Esperanza
PAUL-D STEPHENSON as Rodolpho the Bandit King
- Adapted from the classic fairy tale by JONATHAN KAUFMAN and JANE WALKER
- Produced and directed by JONATHAN KAUFMAN
- Original songs and music by PAUL TORNBOHM
- Choreographer/assistant director MICHELLE BUCKLEY
- Costume design JACKIE POULETT
- Fight arranger JOE GOLBY
- Sound operator DANIEL GARVEY