Sat 15 February 2020 at The Sydenham Centre Show(s) at 8pmShow lasts approximately 2 hours incl 15-minute interval, suitable for over 16s.
Tickets: £12 full price, £10 concessionsSOLD OUT! A few tickets may be available on the door.
SPONTANEOUS PRODUCTIONS in association with KIRKDALE BOOKSHOP presents
About the Show
Back by popular demand for Valentine’s Day week! More short plays on the theme of love and heartbreak by emerging playwrights.
2018’s Love Bites Again show was a sell-out success, with Alex Head’s play How We Met the runaway winner. This year expect more comedy and drama as SE London-based playwrights explore the rollercoaster ride of modern relationships. Vote for your favourite play on the night and the winning playwright will be commissioned to write a play for the next Love Bites event.
All the writers attend writing classes run by Jonathan Kaufman and Spontaneous Productions. Jonathan says: “I am thrilled to once again be providing emerging playwrights with the opportunity to see their work performed by professional actors for a paying audience. This is invaluable experience to all new writers, and the atmosphere on these nights is always highly-charged!” Jonathan’s classes ScriptHub Beginners and ScriptHub Intermediate run on alternate Tuesday evenings at the Sydenham Centre.
- DELEGATION by Becky Danks
- LOVE DOCTOR by Dan Harwood
- CHAT by Alex Head
- JILTED by Lucinda Lane
- YOU SCRUB UP ALRIGHT by Anjuli Obaro
- MEET NOT-SO-CUTE by Andrew Platman
- CROSSED LINES by Mike Stephenson
- AVIATRIX by Ida Tidy
- LOSING FACE by Jane Walker
PLUS Lucy Kaufman’s award-winning play VINTAGE
Produced and directed by Jonathan Kaufman
Script consultant: Lucy Kaufman
Assistant director: Melissa Chiew
The Audience & Writer Reviews
What audiences have said about our previous ‘scratch nights’:
- “It was amazing to see such inspiring and original work from new local writers…Great fun!”
- “A very entertaining evening – excellent performances all round and it’s wonderful to have such an event on our doorsteps in Sydenham”
What the writers have said:
- “I had a piece I’d written performed at Love Bites (2018), and it was a fascinating experience to see it brought to life on the stage.” (Rachel Firth)
- “The acting was great and the constraints placed on the writers in terms of time and lack of props created focus pace and interest. A great evening. “ (Daniel Harwood)
- “As a writer I was delighted with the interpretation of my play, and seeing it brought to life on stage in front of an audience was an incredible experience.” (Jane Walker)
Love Bites: 3rd Time Lucky – February 2020Bookings for Sat 15 February 2020
SOLD OUT! A few tickets may be available on the door.In person: Kirkdale Bookshop - 272 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4RS By phone: (Kirkdale Bookshop) 020 8778 4701 Online: booking closes 30 minutes before start time, but tickets may still be available on the door. More on how to book
Box office is not currently open.