Sat 19 February 2022 at The Sydenham Centre Show(s) at 8pmShow lasts approximately 2 hours, suitable for adults only.
Tickets: £15 standard, £20 pay a little more, £10 pay a little less
Spontaneous Productions, in association with KIRKDALE BOOKSHOP presented:
As the worst of storm Eunice seems now to be behind us, we are delighted to confirm our performance will go ahead this evening at 8pm. Tickets are still available online (book now by clicking on link above), at Kirkdale Bookshop (020 8778 4701) until 5pm or on the door from 7.30pm, subject to availability. See you there!
About the Show
New short plays about near-future technology, performed ‘script in hand’ and written by SE London-based playwrights.
8 short plays, all 10 minutes (600 seconds) long will get their premiere on Sat 19 Feb Upstairs at the Sydenham Centre.
If you like Black Mirror or The Twilight Zone you’ll love these pieces – an eclectic mix of comic, dramatic, surreal and quirky playlets about the impact of technology on near-future society. Staged ‘script in hand’ with regular Spontaneous performers, expect to be whisked away into a world where anything can happen…
- Zoom2 by Jonathan Kaufman
- My Octopus Lover by Jonathan Kaufman inspired by Deep Encounter by Jane Walker
- Prodigy by Lucy Kaufman
- The Computer Says No by Darren Bird
- The Audience is Always Right by Alex Head
- The Artificials by Julian Kaufman
- As I Lay Dying Part 1 & 2 by Ida Tidy
Please note this show is not suitable for children.
Previous ‘scratch night’ photos by Mark Drinkwater and Philip Pound (600 Seconds 2017, 600 Seconds: Conflict! 2018, Postcards 2019, Love Bites: 3rd Time Lucky 2020
Cast includes: Annie Aldington, Kate Barry, William Hastings, Wictor Koch, Hjalmar Nordén and Jodyanne Richardson.
Produced & directed by Jonathan Kaufman
Assistant Director – Hjalmar Nordén
Script consultant – Lucy Kaufman
The Audience Reviews
What audiences have said about our previous shows:
- “Sydenham’s scratch nights have become an institution…always so much fun, and brilliantly acted and directed.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed Spontaneous Productions’ 600 Seconds event …It was amazing to see such inspiring and original work from new local writers, sticking strictly to the 600 second / 10 minute limit. The writers cleverly crafted very imaginative drama and comedy, which made for a highly entertaining evening. Great fun!”
- “A very entertaining evening – excellent performances all round and it’s wonderful to have such an event on our doorsteps in Sydenham.”
600 Seconds: FUTURESHOCK! – February 2022Bookings for Sat 19 February 2022
To book in person go to Kirkdale Bookshop
272 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4RS t: 020 8778 4701
Online booking closes 30 minutes before start time, but tickets may still be available on the door.
More on how to book
Online box office for this show is now closed. There may still be tickets available on the door.