Sat 22 July 2023 - Sun 30 July 2023 at Home Park, Sydenham Show(s) at 2pm (no performance on Wed 26 July)Show lasts approximately 90 minutes, suitable for all ages.
Tickets: Standard price £10 adults, £5 children aged 3+ | Pay a little more £12 adults, £6 children aged 3+ | Pay a little less £8 adults, £4 children aged 3+ | Under 3s FREE as usual
Spontaneous Productions, in association with Kirkdale Bookshop, presents:
About the Show
Our 25th original family theatre show since 2017 – and our second outdoor show this summer in Home Park – is a brand new musical adaptation of the classic legend ROBIN HOOD. Full of swashbuckling adventure, comedy, exciting chases, music and lots of surprises, expect one of the biggest and most ambitious of our hugely popular family shows so far.
Nottingham 1211: With a plague spreading fast among the peasant populace, bumbling monarch Prince John and his slimy servant the Sheriff of Nottingham have not only introduced compulsory mask-wearing but raised taxes on top. When peasant girl Robin promises to lead the rebellion against these terrible tyrants, little does she know what’s in store. As Prince John marks his hastily arranged marriage to Maid Marian with an archery contest, just who is the mysterious hooded figure come to challenge for the prize?
We’re delighted to bring back some familiar faces for this show, and introduce newcomers CLAIRE DAVINA JOHNSON as Robin, LUCIE NEALE as sidekick Little Joan and HARRY SIMKINS as Prince John. Returning players include KATE BARRY (Jemima Puddleduck in Tales of Beatrix Potter in 2022) as a feisty Maid Marian, MONICA NASH, last seen as the Fox in Aesop’s Fables,as FRIAR TUCK and others, and last but not least Spontaneous regular PAUL-D STEPHENSON as the villainous Sheriff.
With amazing fight scenes choreographed by Fight arranger JOE GOLBY and LUCY WORDSWORTH and dance routines staged by ANGELA KAUFMAN, expect fabulous songs by YUMI MASHIKI and PAUL TORNBOHM and lots of surprises!
- Written, directed and produced by JONATHAN KAUFMAN
- Original songs and music by YUMI MASHIKI and PAUL TORNBOHM
- Script consultant LUCY KAUFMAN
- Dance choreographer ANGELA KAUFMAN
- Fight choreographer JOE GOLBY
- Assistant Fight choreographer LUCY WORDSWORTH
- Costume designer & associate producer JACKIE POULETT
- Scenic designer ANNIKA FRANCIS
- Scenic artist JAMES TICHNER
- Graphic designer JAN WARREN
- Photographer MARK DRINKWATER
- KATE BARRY as Maid Marian
- CLAIRE DAVINA JOHNSON as Robin Hood
- MONICA NASH as Friar Tuck / The Town-Cryer
- LUCIE NEALE as Little Joan
- HARRY SIMKINS as Prince John
- PAUL-D STEPHENSON as The Sheriff of Nottingham
The Audience Reviews
What audiences have said about our previous shows:
- “Great energy, loved audience interaction”
- “Our family had a great time! Great prices and production, Thank you all”
- “Really good fun – accessible for all – loved the singing and dancing – inspiring for the kids and lovely community vibe”
- “Wonderfully aimed at the whole family and another great production”