Sat 25 June 2022 at Home Park, Sydenham Show(s) at 2pm & 3.30pmShow lasts approximately 45 minutes, suitable for all ages.
Tickets: Pay what you can! Suggested minimum donation £5 per person. Pay on the door - no pre-booking.
About the Show
An original musical about Climate Change created in partnership with primary schools.
OUTDOOR THEATRE FOR ALL AGES
We are thrilled to celebrate Lewisham’s Borough of Culture in 2022 with our most original show to date – a brand new musical about Climate Change, developed in partnership with four primary schools – Adamsrill, Rathfern, Our Lady & St Philip Neri and St Barts – plus artist Jessie Huckin, composer Paul Tornbohm, and costume designer Jackie Poulett. Since the end of 2021 we have been working with school children, using their ideas to create an original story, costume and scenery designs and poetry & lyrics. Now we are delighted to present the fruits of this collaborative project:
It’s 50 years in the future, and in a society ravaged by the effects of Climate Change, two tribes are warring over limited resources. The Heart Tribe live off the land and worship the sun, while the Eye Tribe, live by the sea and worship the power of water. Perhaps they can find a way to work together – build a time machine – and warn their ancestors of the world that awaits them unless Climate Change can be stopped…?
This highly entertaining – and thought provoking – show is a fast-moving, musical extravaganza, featuring amazing designs, original songs, audience participation and lots of surprises. In these troubled times, we believe it will send a message of hope – and change!
Please note this show is suitable for all ages – adults on their own as well as families with children.
TWO PERFORMANCES ONLY – Sat 25 June – at 2pm & 3.30pm*
Home Park, behind Sydenham Park Library,
210 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5SE
(seating on grass, so please bring blankets/folding chairs if you wish.
*Performances last approx 45 mins)
Pay what you can! Suggested minimum donation £5 per person. Cash or card payments welcome.
Please note that there is no advance booking for these shows, just turn up on the day!
- Script by Jonathan Kaufman and Paul Tornbohm, with contributions from the cast
- Original songs and music by Paul Tornbohm
- Choreographer and Valentina Pakou
- Production design Jessie Huckin
- Costume design Jackie Poulett
- Produced and directed by Jonathan Kaufman
- Graphic designer Julie Bennett
- Illustration by Stella Collings (aged 10), Adamsrill school
(Photos from launch event in January, by Mark Drinkwater)
Cast: WILLIAM HASTINGS, MEGAN MADALEINE, JODYANNE RICHARDSON and PAUL-D STEPHENSON plus young performers drawn from the local community
The Audience Reviews
What audiences have said about our previous shows:
- “Spontaneous Productions is the National Theatre of SE26. Always surprising, always impressive, always entertaining.’ Matthew Sweet, author and broadcaster
- “Hugely entertaining” (South London Press, review of The Three Musketeers)
- “What a fantastic show…Great story adaptation and such a creative way to use the park. Everyone was brilliant. An absolute must see.” (Audience comments for Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)